Do you have a website? Do you know how to register a dot com domain? If you do have a website, then you definitely need to get a specific domain of your own. Just to clarify, a dot com domain name is a name like website.com or yourwebsite.com. You use this in order to refer it to your website. You don't have to be an organization or company in order to get your domain name. Individuals are eligible too.
Why is a domain name important?
• Your domain name is always going to be with you. This means that in case you change your web host, you are not going to lose your customers. Even when your web host is changed, when people type in your domain name they will be brought to your website.
• It is important to know how to register a dot com domain if you are a business or a professional, as the domain name will give you credibility.
• Having a domain name that describes your company's name will allow your customers to remember it and easily come back to your website.
• A Domain name is helpful if you want to have good advertisers on your website. It gives your website respectability.
Registration at a glance
It is quite easy to find out how to register a dot com, and you are about to read all about it. You can go with one of a number of registration services. When you chose your name, 'website.com,' you need to register it by paying the registration fee that goes from $10 to $15 for that specific name. Doing this will give you the right for this name for a whole year, after which you need to renew it annually.
The best thing to do is register your domain through a hosting service. You will be charged a fee for this (about $5 per month with most services), but it is worth it for the many options that the service will give you when it comes to designing your website. Registering a domain name register will make you sure that you are the one only owner of that domain. After which, you can work on building up your site.
Domain name registers
Here are a couple of good hosting companies to try out. This is going to be helpful if you are looking where and how to register your dot com.
• GoDaddy.com is one of the most popular Hosts. It gives you the opportunity to get.com domain names for $9.99 per year. They give you free webs page, free for sale page and free web redirection. On their website you can pay with credit card or with PayPal.
• Bluehost.com provides cheap prices, convenient web interface so you can manage your domains. You can choose between .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, and .us.
• Hostgator.com has an offer for $9.99 for the first year and they give you a free business email account. You can choose .com, .net, .org, .biz, .us and .info.
Now you know how to register a dot com domain. In the 21st century, it is imperative that professionals and small businesses have a site to remain competitive in the workforce. Register your domain now and earn more credibility with your customers!