MLM Lead Generation – Creating a Blog to Get More Leads
MLM lead generation can be a time consuming task, but is obviously necessary to build a successful network marketing business. What I see so much of the time is so many new recruits struggling with how to come up with and implement a plan of action that works for them. Many try this and that without ever giving any one strategy a long enough time to work, or get stuck in analysis paralysis wondering which is the right step to take. When either of these things happen, a new network marketer is bound to fail.
Having a plan of action and consistently sticking to it is what it takes to succeed in multi-level marketing. One approach you can take for successful MLM lead generation that is proven effective is by creating a blog. You can use the free platforms such as WordPress.com or Blogger or if you are already doing some hosting of your own, you can set up a WordPress blog on your own hosting account.
Whatever you choose there are just a few Search Engine Optimization (SEO) basics you need to know to get started on the right foot:
1. Choose a keyword phrase that people would use to search and find your blog with. This means that you will have to brainstorm many different phrases that are not too competitive. For example, “work at home” will be way too competitive. How do I know? Do a search in Google with quotes around your term and see how many other competing websites there are. You want to find a phrase that has under 200k results when you type it into Google with quotes.
2. Create a list of as many keyword phrases that fit the above criteria and then go to the Google Keyword Tool. Type your phrases in one by one to see how many searches each get per month. You would like to see these numbers as big as possible: 5000 would be good, but anything above 800 is okay.
3. Take your highest searched phrase and name your blog that in its URL, (for example LearnToWorkFromHome.blogspot.com or WorkFromHomeWithCandles.wordpress.com). Be aware that you usually cannot use a trademark names in you title.
4. The rest of your phrases can be the titles of you blog posts. Make sure to use your main keyword a few times throughout your posts, but do not over do it.
5. Write related articles and submit them to places like Ezine and then in your author’s box point readers to your blog.
6. Create a Hubpage and Squidoo lense and put a link to your blog in the lense.
This will start you on the right foot for “natural” MLM lead generation. The people who find your blog and other articles are laser-targeted traffic. They are looking for you you instead of you having to look for them. What I outlined is the start of something that can be as complex as you want it to be, but if you are just starting out, it is the perfect way to get off on the right foot.